Are you suffering from waiting on a long queue? New World developers are implementing the new feature for players to transfer their character to a new world. This feature aims to ease the server loads and possibly to balance world populations. Players can now choose to transfer to a low population server to potentially eliminate long queues just to log in.
The New World update to version 1.0.3 will add the server transfer feature, add free content, and would fix some major bugs. For now, the developers are giving the chance to move to a different world for free. But if somehow you feel that you’ve transferred to a wrong world, don’t fret– they may give the player another chance to transfer again for free.
New World developers want to be careful on this upcoming feature so it will start on the Utopia world first, and see if the framework will work flawlessly. If there are no hiccups, then the developers will enable the feature for the rest of the regions. But before you make that out of this world move, make sure to go over the checklist first. If not, there are chances that you will lose some valuable items:
FAQ from New World’s Forum
HOW DO I TRANSFER MY CHARACTER?
- You need to log into your character, which means waiting in any applicable queues.
- There will be a new tab in the in-game store to claim your character transfer token.
- You need to leave your Company.
- You need to remove any active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders.
- Your character must be located in a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost).
WHAT COMES WITH ME WHEN I TRANSFER?
- You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your inventory and storage.
- You will keep all of your currency.
- You will keep your houses and housing decorations.
- You will keep all quest progress.
WHAT DOES NOT TRANSFER WITH MY CHARACTER?
- Your Company membership needs to be terminated before transferring, and will not carry over.
- Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed and will not carry over.
- Your friends list is world specific and will not transfer.
WHERE CAN I MOVE MY CHARACTER TO?
- You can move your character to any world in your region, except:
- You cannot move your character to a full world.
- You cannot move your character to a world in maintenance.
- You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.
WILL THERE BE OPPORTUNITIES TO TRANSFER AGAIN IF I CHOOSE THE WRONG WORLD, THE WORLD MY FRIENDS CHOSE FILLED UP, OR I REGRET CHOOSING THE WORLD I TRANSFERRED TO?
- Transferring again will require an additional token. Our team will continue monitoring world populations, queue times, and will evaluate the need for an additional wave of server transfer tokens to be given out for free. After we are sure players have had plenty of time to find the right server for them, we will later make server transfer tokens available for purchase in the store. We will give notice ahead of time when tokens are changing to a paid service.
They’ll be the first batch of freebies on this upcoming update. They’re to thank the players for the enduring wait times (and possibly to compensate them in some form when time is gold). The developers are handing out everyone a new title called “The Stoic”. Go to your Bio and you can change your title here. Also, they are giving away a free “Waiting” emote. This is a free emote that can be redeemed. So navigate to the in-game store and select the Emotes tab, where you’ll find the “Waiting”.
There are still a lot of bugs in the game. But the developers of New World claim that they are working diligently to fix all the bugs. More importantly, it’s to make players stay and keep playing.
Worth noting issues that they have fixed are:
- Abandoning event notification would stick to the UI
- Housing UI issue where it shows you a discounted amount on the house price and tax. The tax should be paid in full without a discount.
- Not all items were taken in Town Projects when finishing the mission.
- Prevents players from logging in their characters.
- Company invites that doesn’t want to go away when you accept or dismiss the invitation.
- And many more…
For the rest of the bug fixes, please refer to the New World Forum here.
To read more articles about New World, click here.