New World: Death’s Beckoning Apparel
A new Twitch drop is available for keeps on New World. The Death’s Beckoning Apparel will run from September 22 until October 13, 2:00 CDT. As per usual, you will need to watch a participating live channel for 4 hours in order to claim the skin on New World.
How to claim the Death’s Beckoning Apparel on New World in Twitch
- Login to your Twitch account.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Click drops.
- On your drops page, click All Campaigns and choose New World.
Note: If your Twitch account is not yet connected to your Steam account, you will need to click the Connect button. Connecting Twitch through the New World’s Social menu is still bugged.
- Click Go to a Participating Live channel link (e.g. channels #dropsenabled) and watch a Twitch stream. The stream must only be active – you do not have to watch the actual stream. You can mute the stream as well.
- Refresh your Inventory page (your Twitch profile icon -> drops), to keep track of your progress. Occasionally check the stream to see that the streamer is still playing New World, or that the channel has Twitch drops enabled.
How to equip the skin
- After successfully claiming the drop, log in to New World.
- Open your inventory, and click each armor piece to choose change skin. The new Death’s Beckoning Apparel skin piece will have new labeled as well.
- Or you can go to Store and look for the Death’s Beckoning Apparel where you can equip the set altogether.
Similar to the Scoundrel’s Fancy Apparel, I like the chest piece of the Death’s Beckoning Apparel. The scarf and the jaguar print give off the Brimstone Sands adventurer look. Although I don’t “feel” the helmet unlike the previous drop. I’ll be wearing the chest piece without the helmet.
Again, the store needs more in-game purchasable content that is NOT time limited. It feels like AGS is pressuring folks to buy the store item, because no one knows it will return next season. Only 10 days left until we get another rotation in the premium store. Why can’t AGS just keep the Phoenix sets there?