We believe in the central tenets of historic, orthodox Christianity as revealed in God’s Word, the Bible. These truths, which make up the main message (or “the gospel”) of the Bible and have united followers of Jesus throughout history, are described well in the Apostles’ Creed.
Things We Emphasize at Risen Reviews:
- interpreting Scripture with Scripture
- the fact that Scripture is about Jesus—every verse, every chapter, every book
- God as Creator and Sustainer
- the resurrection, incarnation, and lordship of Jesus Christ
- body/soul unity of human beings
- awareness of church history
- the unity of Christians (those who are united to Jesus through faith)
We emphasize these things because we have found that they can be underemphasized truths of the gospel, leading to misunderstandings inside and outside of the church.